Mold Remediation and Restoration
- 24-Hour Emergency Service
- Faster to Any Size Disaster
- Highly Trained Mold Remediation Technicians
- Specialized Mold Remediation Equipment
- A Trusted Leader in the Restoration Industry
- Locally Owned and Operated
Our Mundelein and North Wauconda teams are trusted leaders in mold mitigation and restoration services.?Microscopic mold spores are always present in the Earth’s atmosphere, and once the mold spores find the optimum growing conditions, the mold can become visible in as little as 48 to 72 hours. For this reason, we will not be capable of removing every spore. Still, we can remove the mold to virtually undetectable levels.
Mold is a common challenge in Lake County, occurring year-round, especially during spring. Sometimes a mold outbreak is caused by a storm or plumbing leaks. We will assess and locate the source of the excess moisture and make repairs to discourage the mold from returning once the remediation process is complete.
Our professionals have been providing mold mitigation and remediation services for years. We follow local and state laws and protocols and can advise you on this process, and will provide guidance based on your unique circumstances.
Our technicians are trained and certified in applied microbial remediation by the Institute of Inspection Cleaning and Restoration Certification (IICRC). Mold is a dangerous problem that requires special equipment and chemicals to remove safely. We provide specialized cleaning services to restore mold-damaged clothing, belongings, upholstered furniture, drapes, and carpeting. Residents and businesses can rely on our Mundelein and North Wauconda team to remediate mold problems “Like it never even happened.”
If You See Signs of Mold,
Call Us Today – (224) 372-7064
Confusion and misunderstanding surround the topic of mold and mold remediation. Some restoration businesses even make claims to remove all mold from a building. This is a fallacy. Mold spores occur naturally almost everywhere, both indoors and outdoors. These microscopic spores float along in the air and can enter a home or business through windows and HVAC systems. Consider these facts:
- Mold is present almost everywhere, indoors and outdoors.
- Mold spores are microscopic and float along in the air and may enter your home through windows, doors, or AC/heating systems or even hitch a ride indoors on your clothing or a pet.
- Mold spores thrive on moisture. Mold spores can quickly grow into colonies when exposed to water. These colonies may produce allergens and irritants.
- Before mold remediation can begin, any sources of water or moisture must be addressed. Otherwise, the mold may return.
- Mold often produces a strong, musty odor and can lead you to possible mold problem areas.
- Even higher-than-normal indoor humidity can support mold growth. Keep indoor humidity below 45 percent.
Why Choose SERVPRO of Mundelein / North Wauconda?
We’re Faster to Any Size Disaster
In as little as 48 hours, a minor mold issue can quickly spread through a home or business. Once you contact us, we’re dedicated to starting the remediation process quickly. This fast response lessens the mold damage, limits additional damage, and reduces the remediation cost.
We’re Highly Trained Mold Remediation Specialists
We specialize in water and mold damage restoration, the cornerstone of our business. We have the training and expertise to safely handle any mold situation.
- Applied Microbial Remediation Specialist
- Water Damage Restoration Technician
- Applied Structural Drying Technician
We Use Advanced Mold Remediation Techniques and Equipment
Our initial focus is to stop the source of water feeding the mold. We then isolate the affected area using a negative air pressure chamber. We invest in ongoing mold remediation training and the latest equipment to serve you better
The Mold Remediation Process
Every mold infestation is different, from the amount of mold to the types of materials affected. Each scenario requires a unique solution, but the general process stays the same. The steps listed below illustrate our process for a “typical” mold remediation infestation:
- Emergency Contact - (224) 372-7064
- Inspection and Mold Damage Assessment
- Mold Containment
- Air Filtration
- Removing Mold and Mold-Infested Materials
- Cleaning Contents and Belongings
Common Mold Misconceptions
With sensational news stories and misleading advertising, you can easily understand why so many people are misinformed about indoor mold. Learn the facts about mold and the mold remediation process.
Locally Owned Company with National Resources
We live and work in this community too; we might even be neighbors. As a locally owned and operated business, SERVPRO of Mundelein / North Wauconda is close by and ready to help with your mold-damaged property.
If a catastrophic storm or event occurs, we can call upon the resources of a national network of over 2100 SERVPRO Franchises and special Disaster Recovery Teams strategically located throughout the country to respond to large scale disasters.