How Can I Minimize the Risk of Frozen Pipe Damage in My Wauconda Business?
During the winter months, we respond to frozen pipe emergencies often. Our local teams of professionals in Mundelein and North Wauconda respond to frozen pipes and other water damage emergencies in Wauconda 24-hours a day.
According to the Institute of Business and Home Safety, frozen pipes are a leading source of property damage during severe winter weather. Here are their recommendations for reducing your risk of damage:
- Seal openings and penetrations:Seal all windows, doors, and other spaces on exterior walls with caulk or insulation to prevent cold air from penetrating wall cavities
- Seal cracks and penetrations: Seal all wall cracks and penetrations, including domestic and fire protection lines, electrical conduit, and other utility service lines
- Insulate and seal attic penetrations:Insulate and seal attic penetrations such as partition walls, vents, plumbing stacks, and electric and mechanical chases
- Run faucets:Let all faucets drip during extremely cold weather to prevent freezing of the water inside the pipe, and if freezing does occur, to relieve pressure buildup in the pipes between the ice blockage and the faucet
- Insulate pipes
- Insulate recessed light fixtures
- Install an automatic excess flow switch
- Monitor sprinkler systems
- Provide backup power
Call Us Today!
Our local Mundelein and North Wauconda teams are Here to Help ® when your commercial business or home in Wauconda needs emergency water damage restoration services. Call us today at 224-372-7064.
Franchises are independently owned and operated.