Slow Cooker Found as Cause of Kitchen Fire in Wauconda?
Our local Mundelein and North Wauconda teams are trained and certified to restore fire damage in Wauconda by the Institute of Inspection Cleaning and Restoration Certification (IICRC). Today many households are using electric cooking appliances to prepare meals. Here are some electrical appliance safety tips for operating a slow cooker from the National Fire Protection Association:
A slow cooker is designed to be left on while you do other things, even things outside of the home. However, there are a few safety tips to keep in mind:
- Keep things that could catch fire away from the slow cooker.
- Make sure the slow cooker is in a place where it won’t get bumped. If the lid gets dislodged, the liquid could boil away, which could cause the appliance to overheat and create a fire.
Key Safety Tips
- Always use cooking equipment like air fryers, slow cookers, electric skillets, hot plates, griddles, etc., that are listed by a qualified testing laboratory.
- Follow the manufacturer’s instructions on where and how to use the appliance
- Remember to unplug all appliances when not in use.
- Check cords regularly for damage. Do not use any appliance with a damaged cord.
Call Us Today!
When your home or business in Wauconda has fire damage, our local Mundelein and North Wauconda teams are Here to Help. ® Call us today at 224-372-7064.
Franchises are independently owned and operated.